ONLY ON CVP: Firefighters quickly contained a garage fire at an Alpine house this afternoon, although it apparently caused smoke damage to a room above.
A friend of the homeowner at Wilson Drive and Hillside Avenue was “working on the gas filter of the vehicle when a spotlight broke and the gas from the vehicle ignited the fire” around 2:15 p.m., Police Chief Christopher J. Belcolle said.
The man was treated at the scene for burns on his neck and left shoulder, the chief said.
Alpine firefighters were joined by their colleagues from Cresskill, Closter, Demarest and Harrington Park, as well as Closter Volunteer Ambulance, Norwood EMS and an Englewood ALS paramedic unit, Belcolle said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.