HACKENSACK, N.J. – Properties in Fort Lee, Hackensack and Paterson are among 23 in New Jersey that failed their last inspections from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), NJ.com reports .
Thousands of low-income and elderly residents live in the nearly 2,500 units in the 23 HUD-subsidized properties, the story says.
Buildings can fail the inspections for reasons such as vermin or mold, broken appliances and other instances of disrepair, the story says.
The Bergen and Passaic properties on the list are:
- Advance Supportive Housing Professionals (Hackensack)
- Malcolm Towers (Fort Lee)
- Riese Madison Park (Paterson)
- Harborside Apartments (Paterson)
- Carroll Street Apartments (Paterson)
Representatives of the Bergen and Passaic properties could not be reached for comment, the story says.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.