OLD TAPPAN, N.J.– The Northern Valley Old Tappan High School Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) Club had numerous students qualify for the state-level DECA competition in Cherry Hill Feb. 24 to 26.
The qualification was the result of their performance in the regional competition, which took place at Ramapo College in January.
The following students qualified in their respective categories:
- Ben Dippolito, Accounting Application Series
- Zach Russo and Graysen Kim, Apparel & Accessories Marketing Series
- Michael Silva, Business Services Marketing Series
- Allegra Nokaj and Rebecca Bazela, Buying and Merchandising Management Team Decision Making
- Sari Abolafia , Food Marketing Series
- Kevin Eifert, Hotel and Lodging Management
- Peter Andresen, Marketing Management
- Aidan McMullen, Principles of Finance
- Hayley Martin and Sydnie Weinberger, Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Tomoka Inoue, Principles of Marketing
- Sophie Downey and Nathan Oommmen, Sports and Entertainment Marketing Series
The DECA Club is advised by Business Education teachers Antonio Marino and Frank Rosella.
"NV/OT is proud of the accomplishments of the DECA Club and wishes them continued success at the state competition," Principal Dr. Bruce Sabatini said.