OLD TAPPAN, N.J.– Ten local high school marching bands are set to compete at the USBands gold event Saturday Knight Lights at Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan on Sept. 24.
This is the first gold event held at NV/OT.
According to the Golden Knights Music Parent Association, USBands Marching is the largest competitive marching band circuit in the nation.
Each fall more than 700 schools participate in over 150 local, regional, state and national marching competitions, according to the Golden Knights Music Parent Association.
Bands will be judged by music (individual), visual performance, general effect, ensemble analysis, color guard and percussion.
The participating bands are:
- Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tapan.
- Bergenfield High School.
- Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest.
- Ridgewood High School.
- Northern Highlands Regional High School (Allendale).
- Mahwah High School.
- New Milford High School.
- Pompton Lakes High School.
- Nutley High School.
- Suffern (N.Y.) High School.